Monday, May 14, 2012

Happy Mother's Day!

I know I must have blogged it somewhere, about Bob not being the mushy/sweet type and how he stands by this belief that "roses are overused and if he gives me one, he'll lose originality."--- something I have come to terms with over the years we've been together. Don't get me wrong, he's not dead stiff, in all fairness to him, he tries to come up with something, like painting or composing songs (which I really love, feeling ko ang haba ng hair ko.) You get the point.

So, few days before Mother's day, imagine my surprise when I saw on his browser that he googled "Sophie Kinsella." Haha! Okay, hindi niya alam na nakita ko, so Dad if you're reading this -- yes, I sort of had a hunch. Haha! Side-kwento, we were talking and the subject came up, he said... "Ano nga yung bagong book ni Kinsella? I Have Your Number?" Ang tawa ko talaga kasi the way he said it, parang nagbabanta lang. 

The thing is, I've been wanting to buy the new book, but I don't know, the price seemed a bit high for me. Or dahil feeling ko ang dami ko nang mabibiling children's book at that price kaya parang ayoko bumili. I really didn't thought he was paying attention when I was looking at it.

To make the long story short, he gave it to me the night before Mom's day. I guess he was forced to give it to me early coz I was throwing a bit of a tantrum that night. Umalis kasi siya for a while and I thought he bought me a Starbucks drink. When he got home emptyhanded, nagtampo ako. Hahaha! 

But in all honesty, it's not about the gift. My mother's day would still be perfect even without a gift from Bob, because the truth is, yun na e -- sila na ni Nathan ang gift ko for life. Sinagot na ni Lord ang lahat ng birthday, Christmas, New Year, Valentines wish ko. They are my life treasures, and I couldn't be more happier. I look at them everyday and I realize how blessed I am for having everything I need just within arm's reach. 

Wishing you had a fab mom's day as well,
Elayskie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy!