Thursday, May 10, 2012

Allergy scare.

Nathan gave us quite a scare a few days ago when red spots/rashes suddenly turned up on his whole body. First thought was it could be tigdas, but then he has no fever. So I called his pedia, and she told me as long as there's no fever, all we need to do is to observe. As soon as I put down the phone, I remembered that we gave Nathan a teeny tiny bite of Patchi chocolate just minutes ago. I checked what remained of the chocolate and found out that there are small, ground almonds and raisins in it!

I panicked, coz I know that nuts should not be given to kids under three since it poses a risk for allergies talaga. So I texted his pedia and said told her about the nuts. She said to start with the anti-allergy medicine and keep her updated with Nathan's rashes. So Bob went out to buy medicines for Nathan and thankfully, Nathan didn't fight us when it was time to take the meds.

At dahil sadyang praning at paranoid lang talaga kaming mag-asawa, we decided to bring Nathan to Medical City Antipolo. Nathan's pedia, Dra. Acosta is only there during wednesdays and fridays, so we were assigned to a different pedia. Buti nalang, she confirmed that it was only allergies (which thankfully, wasn't severe since Nathan only took a tiny bite of the chocolate). She explained what tigdas (measles) look like and explained how Nathan's rashes is different from it. She looked at Nathan's records and said, "Ikaw naman Mommy, may vaccine si Nathan for measles oh. Very rare na magkaron siya nyan dahil may vaccine na siya." 

Oo nga pala noh! I totally forgot about that. *Facepalm*

On my defense, I always say that when it comes to Nathan, I'd rather err on the side of caution. Okay na ko mapagastos ng konti sa check-up or masabihan na praning, paranoid, OA basta alam ko lang na ok talaga si Nathan and there's nothing to worry about. 

To date, okay na yung rashes ni Nathan. Buti naman. At one point natakot pa ko baka mag-iwan ng mark. Buti nalang wala. :)

Elayskie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy!