Saturday, April 21, 2012

Reading is Fun!

We started reading books when Nathan was just about two months old. I know he doesn't understand the words I say or why I do a thump-thump sound whenever I say Ella the Elephant, but he has shown me his appreciation for what I do, and that's more than enough for me. :) I know he appreciates it coz whenever I pull out the book, he starts smiling and you just know that he's waiting for it.


Reading Love You Forever by Robert Munsch.

Sometimes, when he's crying really hard and we can't figure out what it is that he wants, we just show him the book "Zigby Camps Out" and he will stop crying at once! We figured that he loves looking at the pictures, and he loves listening to the sound effects (animal sounds) I make when I read to him. 


He also loves "Love you Forever" by Robert Munsch. I LOVEEEEE reading this book to him because of the song, "I love you forever, I'll like you for always, As long as I'm living, my baby you'll be." I'm also extra proud when reading this book to him coz it's a free signed copy from the author. Haha!



These are our books so far, most of the books here, I bought from booksale! :) Cardboard books for as low as 50 pesos, and some around 100 pesos. Ngayon, mas inuuna ko pa talaga tignan ang children's corner sa bookstore bago sa bestsellers. Hehe!


This afternoon, I saw that Books For Less opened a new branch at SM Masinag, and since I was there, I decided to give it a visit. Nalula ako sa dami ng children's books! I saw Dr. Seuss books for 99-150 pesos, and a whole lot of other books that I want to read with Nathan. Sobrang dami, I think I spent more than an hour just browsing around. Hehe!

I got these books for around 300 pesos lang. I loooooooooveeeee that it's finger puppet which puts a whole new fun to our reading sessions. I tried it with Nathan kanina and he loves it! I love the Elmo book, inside it has lyrics to "If You're Happy and You Know It" but it has other actions like, "Touch your nose," "Rub your tummy" and "Dance".


My dream is to own more books, and own books na nasa top 100 books for children. For now, okay na kami ni Nathan with the nice images and rhymes. It's something I'm sure we will be doing for a long time, and we will never get tired of it (I hope!).

2 comments:

  1. Books are fun, books are great!
    Dream ko din to have a mini library for my son. I want him to develop a genuine love for reading. So far he likes peek a boo books and the electronic ones (book pa rin yun diba?).
    The first time I read Love You Forever to my baby, I cried! Feel na feel ko lang!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dream ko talaga yang mini library na yan! Hehe! Ay ako din, feel na feel lang ang Love You Forever! Lalo na yung line na "As long as I'm living, My baby you'll be". :)

      Delete

Comments make me happy!