Thursday, February 16, 2012

Kakayanin!

"Wala kayong yaya? Kaya niyo?" asked my next-door neighbor this morning.

Oo nga noh, I realized. Wala kaming yaya. Walang helper, for years now. I guess our very unfortunate experiences with our previous helpers already traumatized us and the thought of getting a new one just scares the hell out of me.

So we've decided to not get a yaya or an all-around helper, for peace of mind. With all the horror stories on yaya's caught on cams, jusko, wag na. Sarili ko nga hindi ko mapatawad pag may nagawa akong mali kay Nathan, ibang tao pa kaya. And surprisingly, I'm kind of enjoying the household chores. To those who know me really well, this is really something.

This morning, I ditched the mop and went traditional with a rug, put on a great music and scrubbed like I was dancing aerobics. Haha! Crazy, I know. Even Nathan thinks so too coz he was smiling at me the whole time. I must have looked like I was the missing member of the Wiggles. LOL!

Honestly, it's too early to tell. We've been here for almost two weeks, ask me again few months from now, when Nathan starts walking and running, I might just change my mind about household help. Right now, it's easy breezy with Bob helping me whenever he can. He's cool like that.

On getting Nathan a yaya -- I don't see myself doing that right now, or in the future. I'd like to remain as hands on as I can with Nathan. I love being able to witness every milestone, and being the first person to scream, "Dad! Dali tignan mo!!" whenever Nathan does something new. It's very rewarding. I know it sounds cliche but it really is.

"Yes, walang yaya. Kinakaya. Kakayanin." -- I told my neighbor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy!