Sunday, July 3, 2011

The Switch.

In an attempt to save our wallets (and the environment), we have decided (well, I have) to switch Nathan to cloth diapers. I’ve been wanting to, but I felt like I wasn’t cut out for it, so I did more research about cloth diapers. Heck, para todo effort, I also researched on how to make your own reusable wipes.


According to my research, diapers take up to 200-500 years to breakdown within a landfill. So that means the nappies I used when I was a baby is still on a landfill, and that’s just 23 yrs. Ang tibay ng diapers ko pala, aabot pa hanggang apo sa tuhod ko? Wow.


I have to admit, napaka-daling gumamit nalang ng disposable diapers. Wala nang laba-laba, or plantsa. Pero I want to try this out. At least I can say na I’ve tried, kahit papano. Nathan’s current diaper is around 400 bucks for 40 pcs. I’m not thinking of that kasi if I do, I’d just switch to disposable that easily. “Ano ba naman yung 400 for ease of use?” I’m sure yan sasabihin ng boses sa utak ko. Haha!


Anyway, So last night, I told Nathan, “Anak, testing natin tong cloth diaper mo ah?” And boy he did. First thing he did was poop on the diaper. Juskopo. Pero I was victorious naman. Thank God may sprinkler kami sa CR. It was a big help. Haha.


I bought the cheap ones lang, Chino Pino which is 450 pesos for 6pcs. It’s not like Tushy-Wushy na hindi nagleleak, actually sa reviews na nabasa ko it leaks talaga. They complain of bed wetting pag nagwiwi si Baby. So I bought a diaper cover, each for 60 pesos ata? Which I have to put over the cloth diaper so it wont leak. It’s plastic inside, yes, but at least it’s reusable!


Anyway, wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy!