Monday, August 8, 2011

Pakidagdagan powz.

Bob and I — may soft spot kami sa matatanda na nasa kalye para mamalimos. Sobrang soft, in fact, na hindi talaga kami makakatiis pag may nakita kami, or may manghingi samin. I don’t know, maybe he misses his Lola and ako naman, as thanks na I still have both of my Lola’s with me until now. 


So last Saturday, habang nagpapa-gas si Papa, may nakita kaming matanda, and kumatok siya sa may bintana sa side ni Papa. Binigay ni Papa yung mga coins sa dashboard niya, maybe 20-30 pesos siguro yun. Then she went to the other cars in waiting, pero hindi siya pinansin.


Feeling sorry for her, I asked Bob if we can give her the spare 100 peso change. Bob immediately said yes, and I asked Papa to call her. Sabi ko, “Nay, galing po sa anak namin, si Nathan.” Then as if on cue, Nathan smiled at her! :)


There’s a certain delight on her face when she saw what we gave her, and even asked me if I’m really giving her a hundred peso. Her voice was coarse, and then she told us she’s begging for her medicines, which costs her at least 200 a day. She said her meds are a hundred peso per tablet, and she needs two each day. 


She proceeded to ask if we can add a hundred more para kumpleto na daw yung gamot niya. I still have a hundred from the change, so nakipag-eye contact nalang ako kay Bob and he seems to tell me, “Sige na, bigay mo na.” So I did. 


I really hope na she was able to buy medicines for that day, and may nagawang mabuti yung 200 pesos. I felt awkward when she asked for dagdag, it’s the first time we have been asked na ganun, but we reasoned out na maybe she was really desperate already, it was almost evening and if it’s true she needs two capsules for the day, late na siya.


Aahh. Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy!