Sunday, August 21, 2011

First time.

There’s always a first time for everything, right?


I’ve been invited to volunteer at AGAP/ABI’s Relief Delivery Mission at Subic tomorrow. The usual — while they do the relief distribution, I’ll be in charge of the kids of psychosocial therapy. The families were victims of the recent landslide, and most of them lost their homes. I saw it on the news when it happened, and most of the kids were emotional, they were crying because of what happened (who wouldn’t, right?).


It breaks my heart that this is the first time I’ll be away from Nathan. Technically, I have to leave today, spend the night at the headquarters in Pampanga, so we can leave by 6am tomorrow for Subic. I’m still contemplating of travelling in the wee hours of the morning, say 3am so I don’t have to spend the night there. Honestly, ako yung may separation anxiety, not Nathan. (I whispered to him last night that I have to go somewhere tomorrow, to help some of the kids and as if he understood, he smiled at me!)


It’s a good thing that Joy is here fulltime to take care of Nathan while I’m away. Parang ang tagal kong aalis noh? I’ll be there for just a day! Balik din ako agad after the RDO.


Anyhoo- I need to prepare the things I need for tomorrow. Wish me luck. It feels like ages since I’ve last done a PSS. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy!