Sunday, May 8, 2011

My First Mom's Day

Kahapon, I was greeted by family and friends a “Happy Mother’s Day”. It felt surreal nung una, until it got into me, “Wow, kasali na nga pala ako sa Mother’s Day!” Haha. I looked at Nathan and Bob, who were sleeping soundly beside me and said to myself, “Ano pa bang mahihiling ko?”

We originally planned to go out and eat somewhere, kahit sa malapit na Shakey’s nga lang. Kaso super lakas ng ulan so malabong makaalis. Bob woke up really late na, around 2pm kaya tampo pa ko kunwari. Then he went out to get the funds sent by Camacho for our Mother’s Day celebration, tapos we asked him na rin to take home a KFC bucket kasi di pa kami naglulunch. I know, bad. Late na kasi kami nagbreakfast.

Then when he got home, surprised naman ako na ang dala niya ay take-home food from Max’s. As in all of my favorite orders from that resto, yun yung binili niya. Di siya nagkulang dahil pati caramel bar, naisip niya. Haha! Nakakatuwa lang kasi it was raining hard yesterday and KFC was just beside MLhuiller, kung san siya kukuha ng pera, but still he made an effort to travel all the way to Max’s restaurant which was out of his way na. :)

Tapos I was asking him asan yung cake ko? Sabi niya, nakalimutan daw niya bilhin. Which is, yun pala tinago niya lang sa sala. Haha! May ganung effect pa talaga eh noh.

So that’s how we celebrated my first mother’s day. Although I kept thinking, the occasion isn’t really about eating out or having gifts, it’s something to celebrate the wonders of being a woman — being a mom. I don’t know what God’s thinking nung binigay niya si Nathan and placed him under my care. He must’ve seen something na I’m not able to see right now, but whatever it is, I still thank Him. Nathan is the best gift anyone could ever receive.

Andyan parin yung mga oras na nagdodoubt ako sa sarili ko, sa kakayanan kong maging Ina, but I know in my heart we can get through everything. I have all the love in the world for Nathan and Bob, and that’s enough for me to try and be the best that I could be in this field.

Motherhood is a never-ending learning process, sabi nga nila. Every day, there’s something new to learn, something new to experience. So, we’ll take it step by step. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy!